September/October 2022 CL
- SKU: CL-MG-SO2022
- Devils of Colorado: In this photo essay, we explore the Devil’s Punchbowl, the Devil’s Backbone and other locales blessed with heavenly beauty yet saddled with downright diabolical names. Story and Photographs by Dawn Y. Wilson.
- Visitors walk a mile-long pedestrian bridge rising 30 feet above lions, tigers, bears and other carnivores that have found a home at Wild Animal Sanctuary near Keenesburg on the Eastern Plains, all thanks to one man’s vision and the help of volunteers. Story by Tom Hess.
- People ride the cog railway to the brand-new Pikes Peak Summit Visitor Center to eat donuts at the 14,115-foot pinnacle of one of America’s best-loved mountains. Story by Tom Hess, Photographs by Joshua Hardin.
- Beneath Grand Mesa, multigenerational family farmers in the Western Slope apple capital of Cedaredge celebrate the fall harvest with apples by the bushelful and plenty of locally made cider at the townwide celebration known as Applefest. Story by Leah M. Charney, Photographs by Joshua Hardin.
- Our potato recipes give spuds their turn in the spotlight.