- Canyons on the Plains: In the southeast corner of Colorado, Baca County’s surprising and scenic natural landscape boasts a stunning array of hoodoos, petroglyphs and wildlife. Story and photographs by Joshua Hardin.
- On the steep slopes of Mount Antero near Salida, prospector Brian Busse raised six children while hunting for gemstones at his Thank You Lord Aquamarine Mine. Story by Tom Hess. Photographs by H. Mark Weidman.
- At Mulberry Community Gardens a band of green-thumbed volunteers cultivates a bumper crop of friends while growing vegetables at a beloved community garden in Fort Collins. Story and photographs by Valerie Mosley.
- On each Wednesday night in summer, amateur racers burn rubber at Bandimere Speedway, a nationally renowned professional drag strip in Morrison known as Thunder Mountain. Story by Tom Hess. Photographs by Joshua Hardin.
- Ice cream recipes offer a flavorful way to keep cool.