January/February 2023 CL
- SKU: January/February 2023 CL
- As the cold freeze of winter sets in across mountains and plains, Colorado’s beautiful, natural Frozen Landscapes take on a new kind of grandeur when covered in blankets of snow and ice, as seen by our photographers. Story by Matt Masich.
- During World War II, elite winter warriors of the 10th Mountain Division learned to ski and scale mountains at Camp Hale in the Colorado Rockies, then put their skills to the test fighting Nazis in Italy. Story by Matt Masich.
- The beloved getaway of presidents, celebrities and regular folks alike, the historic Colorado Springs Broadmoor resort operates like a city within a city, complete with its own fire department. Story by Tom Hess.
- In the San Juan Mountains near Telluride, a hardy band of mountain dwellers make their home in Ophir, where an avalanche chute runs right through the middle of town. Story by Caroline Araiza. Photos by Barton Glasser.
- Kids Behind the Fossil Fight: The bones of two dinosaurs are displayed as though fighting each other at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science – fossils that were separately unearthed by Colorado schoolchildren. Story by Tom Hess.
- Appetizers take center stage with tasty recipes in our Kitchens Recipes by Danelle McCollum.