Colorado Life Magazine is looking for talented Writing & Photography Correspondents to help us cover Colorado for our bimonthly print magazine subscribers. We write entertaining stories about the people, places, history, culture and communities of our state. Our subscribers are residents of Colorado who want to know and understand our state better.
Writing applicants should have a portfolio that demonstrates their ability for crisp, clean and concise copy with lively anecdotes and colorful quotations. Photography applicants should have experience shooting feature stories for print publications. Can you do both writing and photography? Even better!
Our Writing & Photography Correspondents are contract positions paid by the word and photo published.
Qualifications & Skills
- Researching, interviewing and writing
- Editorial photography, including DSLR or mirrorless
- Adobe Photoshop
- Associated Press style
- Magazine writing
- Newspaper writing
- Travel writing
- Ability to travel
- An appreciation for print magazines
- A willingness to learn and adapt to various writing and photography styles
How to apply
Please subscribe to Colorado Life and study several issues to get familiar with our style and content. Read our contributor guidelines. To become a correspondent, email cover letter, resume and writing clips or link to photo portfolios to firstname.lastname@example.org
Flagship Publishing, the publisher of Colorado Life Magazine, is hiring an ADVERTISING ACCOUNT MANAGER to help with advertising sales efforts for our statewide subscriber magazines: Colorado Life, Utah Life and Nebraska Life
Ideal applicants will be outgoing and organized communicators who strategize and execute sales and marketing plans.
HOW TO APPLY: Please apply by emailing a cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com
- Communicate with convention and visitor bureaus, museums, hotels, small businesses and community leaders across Colorado, Nebraska and Utah via email, phone, direct mail marketing and in-person meetings
- Develop and deliver sales proposals to clients, answer their questions and be of service to them
- Plan and initiate outbound sales marketing campaigns to support sales efforts - email blasts, direct mail campaigns and industry trade shows
- Prepare sales budgets, forecasts and other reports
- Log notes and other details in CRM
- Other duties and responsibilities relating to sales, marketing and customer service
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in communications, marketing, sales, business, English or applicable field
- Excellent communication and follow-up skills - phone, personalized email, email marketing, direct mail marketing
- 2 years of professional experience in advertising, marketing, communications or sales
- Planner/organizer with proven history of getting tasks done
- Goal-oriented and self-driven to succeed
- Microsoft Office and CRM skills
- A "people person" who likes to communicate with clients on the phone, by email and in person