Colorado Life Magazine is looking for talented Writing & Photography Correspondents to help us cover Colorado for our bimonthly print magazine subscribers. We write entertaining stories about the people, places, history, culture and communities of our state. Our subscribers are residents of Colorado who want to know and understand our state better.
Writing applicants should have a portfolio that demonstrates their ability for crisp, clean and concise copy with lively anecdotes and colorful quotations. Photography applicants should have experience shooting feature stories for print publications. Can you do both writing and photography? Even better!
Our Writing & Photography Correspondents are contract positions paid by the word and photo published.
Qualifications & Skills
- Researching, interviewing and writing
- Editorial photography, including DSLR or mirrorless
- Adobe Photoshop
- Associated Press style
- Magazine writing
- Newspaper writing
- Travel writing
- Ability to travel
- An appreciation for print magazines
- A willingness to learn and adapt to various writing and photography styles
How to apply
Please subscribe to Colorado Life and study several issues to get familiar with our style and content. Read our contributor guidelines. To become a correspondent, email cover letter, resume and writing clips or link to photo portfolios to firstname.lastname@example.org
Colorado Life Magazine is hiring a Travel Writer to help produce travel stories for our bimonthly magazine's 70,000 readers and for our sister publications in Nebraska and Utah.
<< Follow these application instructions: Apply for Staff Travel Writer by emailing cover letter, resume, writing clips and three story ideas for Colorado Life to email@example.com. >>
- Research story ideas about destinations, attractions, communities, road trips, state parks, events and businesses
- Pitch well-developed story ideas to the editors for upcoming issues
- Interview, research, travel and write third-person stories
- While traveling, shoot photographs for stories
Skills & Experience
- Researching, interview and writing for newspapers, magazines, websites or other media
- Producing stories on a deadline
- Reporting to an editor
- Performing revisions to one's own stories
- Interacting and engaging with the public
- Planning and scheduling travels
- AP style of writing
- People and travel photography
Location: Flagship Publishing, 1180 W Ash St., #200, Windsor, CO 80550
Founded in 1997, Flagship Publishing specializes in high-quality keepsake subscriber magazines, now reaching 250,000 readers in all 50 states and dozens of foreign countries. Our titles include Nebraska Life, Colorado Life and Utah Life. Flagship Publishing is owned by Chris and Angela Amundson and is based in Windsor, Colorado.
Flagship Publishing, the publisher of Colorado Life Magazine, is hiring an ADVERTISING ACCOUNT MANAGER to help with advertising sales efforts for our statewide subscriber magazines: Colorado Life, Utah Life and Nebraska Life
Ideal applicants will be outgoing and organized communicators who strategize and execute sales and marketing plans.
HOW TO APPLY: Please apply by emailing a cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Communicate with convention and visitor bureaus, museums, hotels, small businesses and community leaders across Colorado, Nebraska and Utah via email, phone, direct mail marketing and in-person meetings
- Develop and deliver sales proposals to clients, answer their questions and be of service to them
- Plan and initiate outbound sales marketing campaigns to support sales efforts - email blasts, direct mail campaigns and industry trade shows
- Prepare sales budgets, forecasts and other reports
- Log notes and other details in CRM
- Other duties and responsibilities relating to sales, marketing and customer service
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in communications, marketing, sales, business, English or applicable field
- Excellent communication and follow-up skills - phone, personalized email, email marketing, direct mail marketing
- 2 years of professional experience in advertising, marketing, communications or sales
- Planner/organizer with proven history of getting tasks done
- Goal-oriented and self-driven to succeed
- Microsoft Office and CRM skills
- A "people person" who likes to communicate with clients on the phone, by email and in person