A carpet of wildflowers decorates the base of Mount Crested Butte.
- Noah Wetzel learned how to survive in the backcountry amidst the steep, windswept landscapes of the Mount Zirkel Wilderness Area in northern Colorado. Story by Vanessa Zimmer, Photographs by Noah Wetzel.
- Grand Junction Rockies: Young, fresh-faced baseball players start their pursuit of major-league stardom on western Colorado’s Suplizio Field – and Grand Junction loves having them. Story and photographs by Dan Leeth.
- Hot Dog! Colorado Life launches a search for the finest franks in all of Colorado – wondrous wieners, whether dressed in Chicago-style trappings or conveniently encased in cornmeal. Story by Leah M. Charney.
- Bishop’s Castle: Jim Bishop spent a lifetime stacking stones and welding metal to build a dragon-headed castle in the Wet Mountains. Story by Tom Hess.
• Lend an ear (and an eye and a taste bud) for cooking flavorful Olathe sweet corn.
• The man who flies a flag high over the Arkansas Valley in Swink.
• The days when Gunnison shut out the world during the 1918 pandemic.
• A passionate painter of Grand Junction wild horses.
• The tumbling, crumbling Nokhu Crags persist in the Never Summer Range north of Rocky Mountain National Park.
• Go.See.Do.: Virtual Crested Butte festivals and hiking the Highland Mary Lakes Trail near Silverton.
• Literary history in Trivia.
• Colorado poets bring the heat.
Grab a copy of Colorado Life’s July/August 2020 issue just about anywhere magazines are sold in Colorado. Better yet, subscribe to never miss an issue and get 55 percent off the per-issue newsstand price. And don’t forget to purchase gift subscriptions for everyone you know who loves Colorado just as much as we do.